- May 7, 2016 A free Jane’s Walk at Museum Site & Pier
- May 27, 2016, City of Ships photo exhibit opening night
- May 3, 2016, 6:00pm -Eric Jay Dolin, Brilliant Beacons: A History of the American Lighthouse
- April 27, 2016, 6:00pm LECTURE – Sea Girt Light- Bill Dunn
- Aug. 5-7 Annual Lighthouse Weekend Events
Find Your Lighthouse
Access the database of LighthouseFriends.com to learn about a specific lighthouse and read the latest Lighthouse News
United States Light House Service (USLHS) General Depot Historic Site Tours
Visit Staten Island's best kept secret and learn about our hidden maritime heritage.
Arrangements can be made for a site tour when visiting the museum.
- Tour Starting Point - Educational Resource Center, Building #11, 200 Promenade at Lighthouse Point, Staten Island NY 10301
- Pricing: Cost of admission plus $3.00 Pre-registration is required
The National Lighthouse Museum would like to be your guide as we turn back the clock on Staten Island history. Come learn about the vital role the USLHS General Depot played in building America.
Museum Site Progress
Lighthouse Weekend Celebration
Lighthouse Weekend is our annual August celebration that commemorates the anniversary of President George Washington’s historic proclamation establishing the federal system of lighthouses in the United States. In 2015, we celebrated with our ribbon cutting at the museum, an elegant evening gala cruising New York harbor, book signings, live nautical music, panel discussions and our Signature Lighthouse Boat Tour of New York Harbor and points south. A report follows:
On Thursday August 7, 2015 the NLM hosted a gathering to thank all who…
Wall of Lights Exhibit
As visitors enter the doors of the NLM, the first thing they encounter is a large, faceted lighthouse-inspired structure, immediately recognizable by its official lighthouse colors, pattern and cupola top. This iconic structure serves…
The National Lighthouse Museum was originally conceived by the American Lighthouse Coordinating Committee, an affiliation of lighthouse preservation societies, in 1996 in response to the threat posed by waterfront developers and neglect, to lighthouses around the country...