Description: The National Lighthouse Museum seeks an educator to conduct school group programs and tours for all students (1st grade through college) at all ability levels. He/she will develop and teach STEM-based curricula to students. Responsible for the set-up and clean-up of materials. Solicit teacher feedback and evaluations. Outreach and cultivate relationships with New York City schools. This is a part-time, grant-funded position.
- Undergraduate degree (M.A. preferred) with a background in education, museum education or history
- Considerable knowledge of current literature, trends, and developments in the field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a friendly and outgoing personality
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and make recommendations for improvements
- Understanding of lighthouses and maritime history a plus
Deadline: Friday, October 13, 2017, 5 p.m.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to Celestina Cuadrado, Curator and Site Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate job title in subject line. No phone calls please.
Inquiries regarding available internships should be directed to Celestina Cuadrado, Curator and Site Manager at email@example.com