- All boat tours will depart from Pier 1, St. George, Staten Island, adjacent to the National Lighthouse Museum.
- Check-in begins an hour before boat’s departure. Boarding begins 30 minutes before departure. Tide and currents may delay our return to the dock. Please plan accordingly.
- Due to space and safety requirements, large coolers are not permitted on board, only very small carry-ons. No refreshments will be available onboard due to COVID modifications. You can bring your own!
- Please be aware that there may be boarding limitations for people with disabilities at the pier. Kindly call us to discuss if this might be an issue for you or your guest 718-390-0040.
- Please note FareHarbor is the processor of credit card payments for the National Lighthouse Museum. A charge for FareHarbor will appear on your credit card statement, not National Lighthouse Museum.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- Lighthouse Boat Tours commence rain or shine.
Sunday December 6, 2020
The Captain, The Missionary, and the Bell: The Wreck of the Steamship Atlantic
Lecture & Book Signing with Capt. Eric Larsson of American Cruise Lines
2 hours 2 pm
The Captain: Isaac “Kip” Dustan, a well-respected mariner whose adventures were frequently recounted in the mid-1800s New York newspapers…The Missionary: Rev. Benjamin C.C. Parker of the Young Men’s Church Missionary Society of the City of New York. The Bell from the Atlantic: Contains a history that spans more than one and a half centuries. On Wednesday, November 25, 1846, the steamer Atlantic left Allyn Point headed for New London, Connecticut. Less than an hour later, a steam pipe exploded, disabling the engine and leaving the Atlantic at the mercy of the winds and seas as it dragged anchor across a tempestuous Long Island Sound towards a rocky reef off Fishers Island. This true story follows the events of the twenty-seven hours following the explosion as well as the harrowing stories of many of the passengers that sailed aboard the Atlantic that fateful night. So much of life is about connections, seemingly chance meetings, lives intersecting with others, and encounters that could be luck, fate, coincidence, or faith. The wreck of the steamship Atlantic links the captain of that ill-fated ship to the missionary of the Young Men’s Church Missionary Society of the City of New York and the bell from that ship, creating ripples that are still felt today.
Books available at museum/on amazon for purchase & signing
·In accordance with current NY State Regulations governing the COVID 19 Pandemic, all guests will be required to wear a mask and Social Distancing will be practiced.
Saturday November 28th and Sunday November 29th, 2020
December 1st, 2020
GIVING TUESDAY – DONATE TODAY
So we can continue to preserve and educate on the maritime heritage of Lighthouses and Lightships for generations to come
Click Here To Make A Donation Now
Friday, December 4th, 2020
HOLIDAY GOLF OUTING
Come join us for a “ball” of fun at our Holiday 9 Hole Golf Outing with Santa Claus!
at South Shore Golf Course 200 Huguenot Ave, Staten Island, NY
Tee off at 12:30 & Registration at 11:30
$125 per golfer
Tickets will include a BBQ of hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken, hot chocolate, coffee & beer
All-You-Can-Eat & Drink & Free Handwarmers to all golfers
Raffles, a hole-in-one contest, & 50/50
Please bring an unwrapped toy that will be donated to Toys for Tots
Sponsership packages available include:
Event Sponsor $500-company/name prominently displayed at the event, includes one (1) foursome & two (2) tee signs
Golf Cart Sponsor $250- company/name prominently displayed on all golf carts
Tee Sign Sponsor $50 company/name prominently displayed on one (1) tee sign
Corporate Foursome $450 Includes four (4) golfers & a tee sign
*Deadline for Sponsorships is November 30th!
*If you would like to be a sponsor for this event please fill out sponsor form along with payment information & mail to National Lighthouse Museum: 200 The Promenade at Lighthouse Point, Staten Island, NY 10312 OR if you can not make it to the event but would like to make a donation to the museum you can donate here: http://lighthousemuseum.org/support/donate/